Righteous in Christ: Daily Meditations on the Heidelberg Catechism
by Doug Erlandson
In “Righteous in Christ: Daily Meditations on the Heidelberg Catechism,” Doug Erlandson, a scholar who has served as a pastor in Reformed congregations, presents 365 meditations on the 129 articles of the Catechism.
Each meditation is approximately 300-350 words and contains easy to understand truths and practical advice to encourage readers in their daily walk of faith. Each entry includes the presentation of the article, a key passage from the Bible to focus the reader’s attention on the topic for the day, and a suggested reading from Scripture.
The title of the book comes from Article 60, which is sometimes called “the heart of the Catechism.” In answering the question, “How art thou righteous before God?” the Catechism responds in part, that “God without any merit of mine, of mere grace, grants and imputes to me the perfect satisfaction, righteousness, and holiness of Christ, as if I had never committed nor had any sin, and had myself accomplished all the obedience which Christ has fulfilled for me; if only I accept such benefit with a believing heart.”
The central message of the Catechism is this: If, by grace, I accept with a believing heart that Christ has fully atoned for all my sins and nothing I do can add to my salvation, then I can have full assurance that the righteousness and obedience of Christ is mine as well. Having that assurance, I can know with complete confidence that I am saved to the uttermost and, enabled by God’s grace, will persevere until the day I am glorified and enter the presence of God.
“Righteous in Christ” is ideally suited for individual study or for a couple or family to use during their daily devotional time. Although intended primarily for adults, it is also written simply enough that teens of high school age can easily comprehend it.
**Most books listed on FreeBookDude.com are author/publisher submitted. We are not responsible for mistakes in pricing. All books are meant free at time of listing. Check all prices before purchase or download.**
You can easily get every book, guest post and featured book sent right to your Amazon Kindle device by subscribing to the Free Book Dude Kindle blog. For less than $1 a month, you can have 48 free Amazon Kindle books wirelessly sent to your device every single day. Check it out for free today.
by Doug Erlandson
In “Righteous in Christ: Daily Meditations on the Heidelberg Catechism,” Doug Erlandson, a scholar who has served as a pastor in Reformed congregations, presents 365 meditations on the 129 articles of the Catechism.
Each meditation is approximately 300-350 words and contains easy to understand truths and practical advice to encourage readers in their daily walk of faith. Each entry includes the presentation of the article, a key passage from the Bible to focus the reader’s attention on the topic for the day, and a suggested reading from Scripture.
The title of the book comes from Article 60, which is sometimes called “the heart of the Catechism.” In answering the question, “How art thou righteous before God?” the Catechism responds in part, that “God without any merit of mine, of mere grace, grants and imputes to me the perfect satisfaction, righteousness, and holiness of Christ, as if I had never committed nor had any sin, and had myself accomplished all the obedience which Christ has fulfilled for me; if only I accept such benefit with a believing heart.”
The central message of the Catechism is this: If, by grace, I accept with a believing heart that Christ has fully atoned for all my sins and nothing I do can add to my salvation, then I can have full assurance that the righteousness and obedience of Christ is mine as well. Having that assurance, I can know with complete confidence that I am saved to the uttermost and, enabled by God’s grace, will persevere until the day I am glorified and enter the presence of God.
“Righteous in Christ” is ideally suited for individual study or for a couple or family to use during their daily devotional time. Although intended primarily for adults, it is also written simply enough that teens of high school age can easily comprehend it.
Get Free Amazon Kindle Books Everywhere You Go
By Clicking the Icons Below:
**Most books listed on FreeBookDude.com are author/publisher submitted. We are not responsible for mistakes in pricing. All books are meant free at time of listing. Check all prices before purchase or download.**
Get This & Every Other Free Kindle Book Sent Right to Your Amazon Kindle Device
Righteous in Christ - Free Kindle Non-Fiction
Reviewed by Unknown
on
10:00 PM
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
10:00 PM
Rating:


















No comments: