Leadership Diaries - Kindle Non-Fiction

Leadership Diaries
by Luciano Pires


How do we come to terms with the lack of leaders in a world where everyone discusses, preaches and encourages leadership? Something is wrong. That is the background of LEADERSHIP DIARIES.

Whether organizing a birthday party, raising money for flood victims, inviting friends to a party or a soccer game on a Saturday morning, all of these activities require someone to play the leadership role. It seems like some people were born ready to lead while others were not. But everyone has the potential to lead. The question is how to unlock this potential. That is the subject of the new e-book, LEADERSHIP DIARIES, from Brazilian cartoonist, writer and former global executive Luciano Pires, which explains the hypocrisy of today’s world in a cheerful, humorous and provocative manner.

This book will help young people who are beginning their careers, as well as more experienced professionals, to understand how the professional universe works, based on the real experiences of an executive who led teams of professionals in a multinational corporation. And what's more: the book presents the point of view of a Brazilian, with a cultural background that is different from those of Europeans, Asians or North Americans.

The author says:

"I wrote an introduction discussing the concept of leadership followed by a series of articles I have written over the past three years that describe real situations that somehow involved leadership. From each article I extracted a conclusion that is never “final.” In fact, I give the reader some insights I call “brain bait”, which he must reflect on. I would say that my book stirs things up and each person will deal with what they discover in their own way.
I made a point to begin the book with a phrase by Kahlil Gibran:

“The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply.”

I wrote about the obvious in a way that many people may have never seen before. I based my book, like the rest of my work, on the importance of judgment and decision making processes for a simple reason: at the root of all our problems, hits and misses, failures and successes, is our ability to judge and make decisions. There is no use for a state of the art computer, equipped with the most advanced software, operated by the most well trained professional who has mediocre judgment and decision making skills. Trained personnel can do the right thing, at the right time, the right way, but I’m concerned with doing the necessary thing, at the necessary time, the necessary way. 'Choosing what is necessary' is much more difficult than 'choosing what is right'. It involves technical, social, political, cultural and even aesthetic aspects that go far beyond the training companies provide to their employees. To train people in the technical aspects of these processes is to develop only one part of their judgment and decision making skills. LEADERSHIP DIARIES is about this 'something more'."

**Most books listed on FreeBookDude.com are author/publisher submitted. We are not responsible for mistakes in pricing. All books are meant free at time of listing. Check all prices before purchase or download.**


Leadership Diaries - Kindle Non-Fiction Leadership Diaries - Kindle Non-Fiction Reviewed by Unknown on 5:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments: