Yes, My Characters Are Real ... To Me
As a reader, isn't it all too easy to get caught up in the world of the book you're reading that the characters feel like real people to you?I've certainly read books that I loved so much that I continued to daydream about the characters after I've finished reading their stories.
But what is it like for the writer?
When I started writing my first romance novel, I had the expectation that I would strictly follow the plot I had originally set. Much to my dismay, I found myself deviating from my well-thought-out story. I became worried that it would be much harder for me to finish the book if I didn't "control" how the story unfolded.
But pretty soon I started relaxing and while I still had the plot firmly in my head, I let my characters "lead" me. It's funny how even though I created them, they seem separate from me. It was almost like I was just there to help them tell their stories.All my lead characters had become so close to me that sometimes I speak to them as if they were real. Even now, after I've finished writing the Lifestyle by Design series, I still see them in my head going about their daily lives.
I guess that's what books do to us whether we're readers or writers. They take us to a different world. They entertain us, they make us remember things, they make us forget. They make us laugh, they make us cry. They excite us, they aggravate us. They make us happy, they make us sad.
I certainly went through all those emotions and more with my characters and my life is so much more fulfilling because of them.
So here's to books and the characters we love! (Raising my glass). Cheers!
About Miranda P. Charles:
I'm the author of the hot and sexy Lifestyle by Design series and currently working on the first book of the Secret Dreams series.
Will To Love (Lifestyle by Design Book 1)
Heart Robber (Lifestyle by Design Book 2)
Ray of Love (Lifestyle by Design Book 3)
Ever since I was a young teenager, I have loved reading romance novels. My auntie used to send me boxes of her books and I would devour them one after another.
Every so often, I would read a mystery or a suspense or a paranormal novel as I love those genres too. But romance is still my favourite. :)
For many years, I wrote technical and non-fiction materials for professional use and had only dreamed about writing a novel.
Then, one day, after a period of binge-reading sexy romances, I decided to sit in front of my computer and start writing my first fiction book. The result? My first novel in the hot and sexy Lifestyle by Design series.
After that, I knew that I would love to tell more beautiful love stories through my books.
I live in Sydney, Australia with my amazing husband who lovingly cheers me on (and yes, sometimes irritates and annoys me ;) ) in my journey as a novelist.
I would love to connect with you. Visit my blog www.mirandapcharles.com.
Yes, My Characters Are Real ... To Me - Guest Post From Author Miranda P. Charles
Reviewed by Unknown
on
10:30 AM
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
10:30 AM
Rating:









No comments: