Inside a Haunted Mind
by K. Patrick Malone
A Journal Found
By way of introduction, I feel I should explain how the enclosed text came into my possession. I’ve also included a few additional notes which explain what was necessary to bring it to completion. First, I am an accountant by trade and training, but I’ve been a junk hound for most of my adult life having spent years rummaging through flea markets, garage sales and junk shops as a means of release from the tedium of the numbers I’ve dealt with for more than twenty-five years. What I look for mostly are pieces of antique jewelry, china, pottery and glass, small items that can be easily placed in the house or resold on eBay. It was during one of these events that I came across the enclosed document. The following are the particulars.
I was on a weekend treasure hunt in northeastern Pennsylvania in the fall of 2004 to attend a “Giant Flea Market,” not looking for anything in particular, but nevertheless hopeful of coming across the ever elusive “flea market find.” By midday, I had found a Carltonware pot, an early Christian Dior brooch and a Mdina Maltese paperweight from 1934 (hallmarked and dated on the bottom). The Mdina paperweight was in a box lot, which I rarely have any interest in, but it was clear that no one recognized the value of it, so I bought the whole thing knowing the paperweight alone was worth no less than fifty or seventy-five dollars. The box itself was approximately two feet long, two feet deep, one and a half feet wide and had the name of an egg company printed on the sides. The other items in the box included a few tattered men's garments, some dishes and other commonplace household odds and ends, but since I was only interested in the paperweight, I didn’t pay much attention to the other items until I got home later that afternoon and unpacked the box.
When I went through the remainder of its contents, I discovered the manuscript at the bottom of the box tied with twine and wrapped in a dusty, regional New York State newspaper dated June 2002. The pages it contained were handwritten in blue and black ink. Not quite as big as an average telephone book nor as heavy, it was bound by what appeared to be the remains of a three-hole binder notebook of the kind typically used by college students a decade or so ago, but with the binding clasps removed from the inside.
**Most books listed on FreeBookDude.com are author/publisher submitted. We are not responsible for mistakes in pricing. All books are meant free at time of listing. Check all prices before purchase or download.**

by K. Patrick Malone
A Journal Found
By way of introduction, I feel I should explain how the enclosed text came into my possession. I’ve also included a few additional notes which explain what was necessary to bring it to completion. First, I am an accountant by trade and training, but I’ve been a junk hound for most of my adult life having spent years rummaging through flea markets, garage sales and junk shops as a means of release from the tedium of the numbers I’ve dealt with for more than twenty-five years. What I look for mostly are pieces of antique jewelry, china, pottery and glass, small items that can be easily placed in the house or resold on eBay. It was during one of these events that I came across the enclosed document. The following are the particulars.
I was on a weekend treasure hunt in northeastern Pennsylvania in the fall of 2004 to attend a “Giant Flea Market,” not looking for anything in particular, but nevertheless hopeful of coming across the ever elusive “flea market find.” By midday, I had found a Carltonware pot, an early Christian Dior brooch and a Mdina Maltese paperweight from 1934 (hallmarked and dated on the bottom). The Mdina paperweight was in a box lot, which I rarely have any interest in, but it was clear that no one recognized the value of it, so I bought the whole thing knowing the paperweight alone was worth no less than fifty or seventy-five dollars. The box itself was approximately two feet long, two feet deep, one and a half feet wide and had the name of an egg company printed on the sides. The other items in the box included a few tattered men's garments, some dishes and other commonplace household odds and ends, but since I was only interested in the paperweight, I didn’t pay much attention to the other items until I got home later that afternoon and unpacked the box.
When I went through the remainder of its contents, I discovered the manuscript at the bottom of the box tied with twine and wrapped in a dusty, regional New York State newspaper dated June 2002. The pages it contained were handwritten in blue and black ink. Not quite as big as an average telephone book nor as heavy, it was bound by what appeared to be the remains of a three-hole binder notebook of the kind typically used by college students a decade or so ago, but with the binding clasps removed from the inside.
**Most books listed on FreeBookDude.com are author/publisher submitted. We are not responsible for mistakes in pricing. All books are meant free at time of listing. Check all prices before purchase or download.**

Inside a Haunted Mind - Kindle Fiction
Reviewed by Duh
on
4:00 AM
Rating:
Reviewed by Duh
on
4:00 AM
Rating:













No comments: