Next History: The Girl Who Hacked Tomorrow
by Lee Baldwin
Exquisite and resourceful Tharcia, at risk in a world where
instinctive drives have been unleashed, seeks her mother for
a final throwdown.
Her only difficulty is that Mom is dead.
Through her peculiar mix of technology and magic, Tharcia ensnares
a strange entity in a geometric prison. It is not her mother.
When Tharcia unearths an enchanting oracle from her deepest being,
her life, and the future of humanity, is about to be reprogrammed.
Will there be a collective, agonizing dive into chaos and depravity?
Will Tharcia reveal humanity’s true purpose?
Or, will nothing change at all, except for the dark fate
of one luckless girl?
An Epic Science Fantasy Adventure
Next History weaves big-iron predictive
knowledge, a plugged-in world population,
Sumerian creation myth, and a demonic
presence with a hip sensibility to launch us
beyond the hyperdata age toward a shifting
and dangerous event horizon.
The story is a head-changing whirl toward
a future world so outrageous, the survivors
will be forced to adapt, or die.
Beneath the Surface
A single question drove me to write Next History: The Girl Who Hacked Tomorrow.
What if we found a completely accurate history of our beginnings, an
unbiased record that was not passed down verbally, not reimagined in
every telling?
I started looking at creation myths of many cultures, located the first
feminine archetype, and found scholarly input which I used as an energy
source for every writer's favorite question: What If?
The answers created turmoil, pushed some of the characters toward God,
some in desperate search for a demon or an angel that could redeem them.
The young woman is prepared to settle for death, to throw away all her
money for a single chance to see her mother again, driven, yet too realistic
to think a Devil could possibly exist.
About Lee Baldwin
I'm a novelist in Santa Cruz, California. I operated a creative copywriting
agency in Vancouver, BC and Honolulu, HI, worked as a human interface
designer in Silicon Valley, and love to write thought-provoking fiction.
My characters come with a built-in quirky edge, that's because I see human
foibles and individuality as the launch points of dramatic conflict. I work to produce
believable characters and revealing dialog. My musical background helps me listen
for rhythms of dramatic reveal, turning points, and cadences.
Escape fiction generally satisfies the reader's hunger for vicarious experiences,
you know, the cool stuff. Glamorous adventure, epic situations, romance, sex, and
developing relationships. Along the way, I love to spice those situations with wry humor.
I have two other books on Amazon, a mystery and a collection of humorous shorts.
Please check out my Author page. And thanks for your interest in my story.
**Most books listed on FreeBookDude.com are author/publisher submitted. We are not responsible for mistakes in pricing. All books are meant free at time of listing. Check all prices before purchase or download.**

by Lee Baldwin
Exquisite and resourceful Tharcia, at risk in a world where
instinctive drives have been unleashed, seeks her mother for
a final throwdown.
Her only difficulty is that Mom is dead.
Through her peculiar mix of technology and magic, Tharcia ensnares
a strange entity in a geometric prison. It is not her mother.
When Tharcia unearths an enchanting oracle from her deepest being,
her life, and the future of humanity, is about to be reprogrammed.
Will there be a collective, agonizing dive into chaos and depravity?
Will Tharcia reveal humanity’s true purpose?
Or, will nothing change at all, except for the dark fate
of one luckless girl?
An Epic Science Fantasy Adventure
Next History weaves big-iron predictive
knowledge, a plugged-in world population,
Sumerian creation myth, and a demonic
presence with a hip sensibility to launch us
beyond the hyperdata age toward a shifting
and dangerous event horizon.
The story is a head-changing whirl toward
a future world so outrageous, the survivors
will be forced to adapt, or die.
Beneath the Surface
A single question drove me to write Next History: The Girl Who Hacked Tomorrow.
What if we found a completely accurate history of our beginnings, an
unbiased record that was not passed down verbally, not reimagined in
every telling?
I started looking at creation myths of many cultures, located the first
feminine archetype, and found scholarly input which I used as an energy
source for every writer's favorite question: What If?
The answers created turmoil, pushed some of the characters toward God,
some in desperate search for a demon or an angel that could redeem them.
The young woman is prepared to settle for death, to throw away all her
money for a single chance to see her mother again, driven, yet too realistic
to think a Devil could possibly exist.
About Lee Baldwin
I'm a novelist in Santa Cruz, California. I operated a creative copywriting
agency in Vancouver, BC and Honolulu, HI, worked as a human interface
designer in Silicon Valley, and love to write thought-provoking fiction.
My characters come with a built-in quirky edge, that's because I see human
foibles and individuality as the launch points of dramatic conflict. I work to produce
believable characters and revealing dialog. My musical background helps me listen
for rhythms of dramatic reveal, turning points, and cadences.
Escape fiction generally satisfies the reader's hunger for vicarious experiences,
you know, the cool stuff. Glamorous adventure, epic situations, romance, sex, and
developing relationships. Along the way, I love to spice those situations with wry humor.
I have two other books on Amazon, a mystery and a collection of humorous shorts.
Please check out my Author page. And thanks for your interest in my story.
**Most books listed on FreeBookDude.com are author/publisher submitted. We are not responsible for mistakes in pricing. All books are meant free at time of listing. Check all prices before purchase or download.**

Next History: The Girl Who Hacked Tomorrow - Kindle Fiction
Reviewed by Duh
on
8:00 AM
Rating:
Reviewed by Duh
on
8:00 AM
Rating:













No comments: