Review: Kingdom by Anderson O’Donnell (Kingdom Blog Tour Stop)


Kingdom 
by Anderson O’Donnell

Reviewed by Mallory Heart Reviews

Author O’Donnell paints a frightening illustration of the very new future (2015) side-by-side with a terribly ugly secret agenda only fourteen years before the completion of the millennium (1986). Such is a world I hope not to see materialize, because I surely don’t want to live in it. The author has an eye for gritty detail, and a perception which embellishes the background of such details.

Painted in the Foreword as a sort of Jack Kerouac of the information age (my interpretation and iconography), a prophet with an almost miraculous direct download of underground news sources, author O’Donnell may indeed be painting a grim but realistic painting-or he might be weaving imaginary details of an ugly futuristic America. (Come to think of it, I’ve been reading Dystopian and futuristic literature since the coming of “A Canticle for Leibowitz” in 1960, and I don’t remember ever reading one that posed a glorious picture. Some are worse than others; this one makes my toes curl, my teeth grit, and my hair stand on end.)
But lest I give the impression that “Kingdom” is unrelentingly, chronically, down on the future possibilities of the American ethos, please note that this novel also contains a high octane concentration of mystery, suspense, intrigue, truly bizarre behavior, secret societies, mad scientism, and many more aspects of the melting pot and the reader will frequently find herself gasping in shock at the newest denouement. Truly-I enjoyed the book; just please don’t make me live in a similar society.



Reviewed by Mallory Heart Reviews

Mallory's Links



**October is horror month on FreeBookDude.com. Watch for special blocks of dark fiction and non-fiction plus special horror themed guest posts everyday. To win special horror books and prizes, enter our monthly contests on the Free Book Dude Contests & Giveaways pageFor even more FREE Amazon Kindle books, visit our free Amazon Kindle books page. **



Disclaimers from First Rule Publicity
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for review from First Rule Publicity from the author as part of a virtual book tour. I was not compensated nor was I required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for review from the author. I was not compensated nor was I required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Review: Kingdom by Anderson O’Donnell (Kingdom Blog Tour Stop) Review: Kingdom by Anderson O’Donnell (Kingdom Blog Tour Stop) Reviewed by Duh on 10:30 AM Rating: 5

No comments: