Review: Helens-of-Troy by Janine McCaw

Helens-of-Troy
by Janine McCaw

Reviewed by Mallory Heart Reviews

5 stars is just not enough for this novel! I want to multiply that many times. To me this story is so cozy, but readers, please don’t mistake me: this is not a novel where the characters simply sit around and take tea while solving a murder. No, by cozy I mean the story simply fits, like reaching into your hall closet and pulling out a warm, comfortable coat you’d forgotten about, before heading out into a dark winter night; or walking into your home study and finding the fireplace already lit and glowing, so you can just kick off your shoes and curl up with a good book. That’s what I mean by cozy: this wonderful novel just wraps itself around the reader from the first sentences and settles in for the duration. Oh! I want to start rereading it already!
Not just the strong heroines (and some strong guys too) propelling this book, not just the familial legacy of standing strong against Evil-the story is great also because of the character relations: Grandmother with Daughter, Grandmother with Granddaughter, Mother with Daughter, an intricately woven web of three ladies who after all, are both not quite, and much more, than what they seem.
I continue enraptured with this novel and can only recommend: buy it and read it immediately. Let nothing stop you, and for certain don’t wait.

You can win a copy of Helens-of-Troy every day in the month of October! All you have to do is leave a comment on any post at FreeBookDude.com with your email address and you are entered to win!


Reviewed by Mallory Heart Reviews
http://archiestandwoodsreviewsandwritings.blogspot.com

FreeBookDude.com Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews on Goodreads
Mallory's Reviewed Heart Reviews
Unpublished Indies on Goodreads
Review: Helens-of-Troy by Janine McCaw Review: Helens-of-Troy by Janine McCaw Reviewed by Unknown on 10:30 AM Rating: 5

No comments: