A Funny Thing Happened… Guest Post from Renee Daniel Flagler

A funny thing happened…
By Renee Daniel Flagler

So…a funny thing happened a while back. This character, Blue Holiday, just showed up in my head—and she refused to leave! So I decided to do something that I often advise writers to do in workshops, I courted the character, which is similar to dating (the process of getting to know someone).

During the courting process I learned all about her. I found out a few things about her family, such as the tense relationship she shared with her mother. This blue-eyed African American woman was the granddaughter of an adoring Frenchman. I also learned that she was a trust fund baby and a perfectionist with slight abandonment issues. Blue loved hard and was tolerant to a detriment but once she was pushed far enough into a corner, she was going to come out fighting.

I had come to know everything there was to know about Blue Holiday except one vital thing—her story. I didn’t know the circumstance that landed Blue in the forefront of my mind. She was a woman with a lot of potential but I had no clue what was going on in her life. So I asked—out loud! “What is your story?”  Eventually, Blue began to open her world up to me, which opened me up to the people around her. Her story finally started to unfold, starting with a destructive marriage that was finally meeting its end. Now I invite you to meet Blue Holiday and her rule breaking cast of fellow characters in my new novel Raging Blue.

Blue Holiday reaches the end of her rope, her marriage, and her long-time friendship with the feisty Mia Reynolds. She’s ready to move on but now her husband, the infamous bad-boy professional basketball player, Jaylin Mack, is cut from the team because of his erratic behavior and without Blue he’ll be broke. Their chances of reconciliation are doused the moment a salacious secret is revealed. As far as Jaylin is concerned, if he can’t have his wife, living off her trust fund will do just fine. Problem is he forgot a woman in love will put up with a lot. But a woman enraged…will make you pay.

I enjoyed writing Blue’s story and I hope you will enjoy reading all about it.

Author Bio
Renee Daniel Flagler is an award-winning freelance journalist, marketing professional, and the author of four novels, Mountain High Valley Low, Miss-Guided, In Her Mind and, Raging Blue. Renee is the founder of SheBiz.net, a lifestyle blog for women pursuing their passions. She teaches creative writing through the New York City and Nassau County public school’s Arts in Education programs and is currently enrolled in the Queens College, MFA in Creative Writing program. Renee resides in New York and is currently at work on her next novel, Still Raging, and her first faith-based, nonfiction book entitled, The Relationship Survival Guide. Connect with Renee on Facebook, Twitter or online at ReneeDanielFlagler.com.


Author Links
Website              www.ReneeDanielFlagler.com 
Blog                    www.SheBiz.ne
Facebook           www.Facebook.com/ReneeDanielFlagler 
Twitter                 www.Twitter.com/ReneeFlagler 



A Funny Thing Happened… Guest Post from Renee Daniel Flagler A Funny Thing Happened… Guest Post from Renee Daniel Flagler Reviewed by Duh on 10:30 AM Rating: 5

No comments: