INTERVIEW WITH TALA MARTIN,
CHARACTER IN THE WOLF'S DAUGHTER, BY PATRICIA LA BARBERA
Patricia: Thank you, Tala, for taking the time to answer a few questions. I know how busy you must be with just returning to Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, after being away for ten years.Tala: Well, thank you for asking for the interview. Although the scenery is beautiful here, as you're well aware, the memories of the place aren't happy ones, especially after my mother... Sometimes I think this house is haunted. And other times I'm sure of it. Being here alone is...um...scary.
Patricia: But you're not really alone, are you?
Tala: You mean with the cemetery next door? (Smiles) I know you mean that Maeve is with me, and I'm glad she's half wild. She's fierce, and I hope she'd bite and scratch an intruder. Of course, I imagine the cat wouldn't be too much help with a ghost. And I have to explore the attic tonight. (Shudders) You know how much I hate cobwebs.Patricia: Yes, I remember. It's funny, but I feel as though I'm your best friend.
Tala: (Sighs) That's not exactly true, Patricia. You of all people should know my best friend is Vanessa. She's the one who picked me up in Manchester and drove me here, not you. (Waves hand)
You gave me some silly excuse about an appointment with your muse.
Patricia: Okay, let's change the subject. What's new with Matt? I know you haven't seen him since high school. How could you after what happened in the—
Tala: I'd rather not talk about that. (Swallows hard) I'm nervous about seeing him again, afraid the same thing might happen.Patricia: I don't blame you. My heart was in my throat during that scene. Well, let's switch the focus to something more personal.
Tala: (Raises eyebrows) Personal?
Patricia: Yes, what's your favorite jellybean flavors?
Tala: (Rolls eyes) Patricia, I can't believe you're asking me that ridiculous question. But since you're pretending not to know, I'll answer you—toasted marshmallow and buttered popcorn (Rolls eyes again).

Tala: (Reaches for the bag) Don't you dare!
Patricia: Well, thank you, Tala. Is there anything else you'd like to say to the audience?
Tala: Just that I hope they'll read my story and accompany me on my journey. It would mean a lot to know people are rooting for me.
credit:
Victorian Farmhouse
Patricia La Barbera, MFA, is an author, editor, and writing-contest judge, who specializes in genre fiction. She's a member of MWA and an active member of the HWA. Patricia's had work published in various genre magazines and anthologies. The next book in her romantic paranormal suspense series, The Tala Chronicles, is The Wolf's Revenge, whose publication is upcoming from World Castle Publishing. http://www.patricialabarbera.com/blog/
Interview With Tala Martin, Character in The Wolf's Daughter by Patricia La Barbera
Reviewed by Unknown
on
10:30 AM
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
10:30 AM
Rating:









No comments: