Guest Post From Author Heather Huffman


Today we are lucky enough to have a guest post from Heather Huffman, author of Jailbird, and numerous other romance novels.


Most of my books start with a dream, and Jailbird was no different. I can vividly remember the dream I had – the one where I was breaking out of prison. I can still feel the beads of sweat that formed as I ran through the woods in my mind. I can easily recall the small town I found myself in, the cars on the street, the stores I passed. From the very beginning, Jailbird's world was very real to me, especially the people who inhabited that world

I often say that Neena Allen, the main character in my novel Jailbird, is my hero. She has a lot of traits I love: wit, perseverance and resourcefulness to name a few. In the opening chapters of the book, she finds herself starting a new life with nothing to her name; even the clothes on her back have been swiped from a stranger’s clothesline. When she settles into a sleepy Arkansas town, her only other possession besides those ill-fitting clothes is a pocket knife, which she’s used for everything from cutting her hair to digging up roots to eat.

Whenever I think of Jailbird’s characters, I still smile. The world that began with that dream more than three years ago is one I’m always happy to revisit. Even as I wrote the book, I knew the story wouldn’t be complete when I typed “the end.” Conrad Langston, Neena’s brother, was a solid rock for her to lean on. He was both strong and gentle, and his easygoing demeanor makes him the kind of person I’d spend time with in the real world. Rachel Cooper, the reporter who captures his heart in Jailbird, has a certain tenacity I can respect. Conrad was such an amazing guy, he deserved his own book. He finally got it with Devil in Disguise, which was released this June.

Devil in Disguise picks up with Rachel Cooper and Conrad Langston three years after the end of Jailbird. Their love is a memory, but he’s still the first person she turns to when her little sister is taken by human traffickers. Despite the dark premise, there’s a lot that’s funny and warm about the book. How could it not be with Conrad, Rachel, Neena and Charlie in the mix?


Heather Huffman writes contemporary romance and romantic suspense with strong female leads who refuse to lose hope. She sees her books as a way to not only entertain, but to also raise awareness of the realities of modern day slavery. She shares the passion of her resilient heroines to make a difference, and so dedicates both her time and a portion of her book royalties to organizations that fight against human trafficking.

Fans of Nora Roberts will enjoy the characters and stories that Heather creates.

Heather was born and spent her early childhood in Florida, but now calls the beautiful state of Missouri home. Her greatest joy, aside from writing, is to hit the road with her three boys for adventures unknown.

She is the author of Throwaway, Ties that Bind, Jailbird, Suddenly a Spy, Ring of Fire and Tumbleweed. You can find out more about her writing and charitable work on www.heatherhuffman.net.
Guest Post From Author Heather Huffman Guest Post From Author Heather Huffman Reviewed by Unknown on 10:30 AM Rating: 5

No comments: